WWW-YES-2009-Brazil venue at Belo Horizonte
Wednesday 14 October 2009, by
BELO HORIZONTE accommodation site
Thanks to Conselho Regional de Engenharia, Arquitetura e Agronomia de Minas Gerais (Crea-MG), all WWW-YES-2009 participants can be accommodated at
R. Cristina, 791
This accommodation site contains :
– Triple rooms and double room, all containing a washing basin,
– Sheets, blankets, pillow… are placed in plastic gaskets below each bed, but neither towels nor soap are provided,
– A sanitary block containing several showers, toilets and basins (including equipment and products for cleaning after use),
– A small eating area including a fridge, a microwave, a coffee maker, tables, chairs and utensils
Participants will be accommodated at this site from Sunday morning 25th October till Saturday morning 31 October 2009.
Thanks to the « Conselho Regional de Engenharia, Arquitetura e Agronomia de Minas Gerais (Crea-MG) », a large and well equipped function hall will be available during the workshop. It is conveniently situated at ca. 500 m from the accommodation site at
Av. Álvares Cabral, 1600
Santo Agostinho (Centro)
This hall contains :
– A workshop zone with table, chairs, video projector, laptop PC and paper boards,
– A coffee break area
– A lunch area
– Computer Internet access facitities (using RJ45 cables), either in the main hall or in an adjacent small room, 3 PCs and a black and white printer.
Urban transportation in Belo Horizonte by BH TRANS
From the Airport Confins to Belo Horizonte take the bus called "
Connexão aeroporto" in front of the Airport (about R$ 17). Go to the end point ("Álvares Cabral") in the center and take a taxi (about R$ 15) afterwards to the hotel.
Low budegt solution, cross all platforms to the end in front af the airport and take a bus to the central busstation ("Rodoviaria", ca R$ 7) and afterwards take a local bus (R$ 2.30) to São Pedro / Savassi in the Avenida Afonso Pena at 5 min walk.
This last solution is NOT advised for not experienced travallers especially females after 8 PM. The area betwee the busstation and Avenida A.Pena is area of pick-pockets and homeless people.